Food – 2 Hour Food & Wine Pairing
After many unsuccessful and lengthy attempts at making ribs, this is the method I have settled on for making delicious tender ribs in under 2 hours.
2 large back ribs (~2lb)
1 cup orange juice
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Franks hot sauce
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup ketchup
salt and pepper
2 tbsp Cornstarch (for thickening).
1. Cut ribs in half and place in large saucepan.
2. Pour in marinade (except corn starch) and add water until the ribs are covered.
3. Boil ribs for 1½ hours.
4. Pour off liquid through a strainer, into small saucepan, simmer and thicken with cornstarch.
5. Then grill ribs for 5-10 minutes per side, brushing with marinade regularly.
(soaked wood chips can be added on the grill at this stage for smoky flavour).
6. After the ribs have become crispy add back marinade and serve.